Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What Are You Eating?




I've been hitting the Paleo diet since last fall in conjunction with my first Bootcamp section. I readily admit it's not full time but I've been able to adhere to a solid 5 days a week and shooting for 6 now. My weak link being pasta which used to be 4-5 days a week before I started Bootcamping, now I'm down to 1 day a week and found a low Glycemic load pasta that's packed with dietary fiber. Surprisingly the taste is actually preferred now.

Other than my off day, which can be a total yard sale, all my meals consist of high quality protien, veggies and good fat. Snacks which are a must to keep the metabolism up and provide fuel consist of nuts, seeds, apples, oranges and occasionally yogurt with fresh berries.

I don't get into weighing and measuring because in my opinion your body will tell you and show you what's needed in regards to quantity. Don't make it too complicated. Follow a few basics rules and you'll start leaning out in no time. A daily 0600 fanny waxin doesn't hurt either.

Courtesy of the gang over at Petranek Fitness here's a great site to plug in food and see load of nutritional info....Nutrition Data. The glycemic load estimator is very helpful.

No comments: