Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweet Tater Scuffle


How many miles did your meal travel before it reached your plate? There are endless causes to champion and I make it a point not to grandstand any 1 view point or personal opinion. Something I do feel strongly about is the ablility and knowledge to understand where your food originates and the path it takes before reaching your kitchen.


I'm not a fanatic when it comes to eating locally but I do make an effort to reduce the total mileage on my plate. Needless to say, coconut oil, coffee, etc... are difficlut to source locally for some of us but a few exceptions are tolerable.


Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is an effort to reduce that overall foot print. Check into your local CSA's for more information on weekly produce bags, quarterly meat purchases, etc...
This picture was from todays breakfast. With the exception of coconut oil, the entire meal came from either my garden or a farm within a 100 miles.


No comments: